3 long red chillies, seeds removed orkeep them in if you like it really hot!
3 garlic cloves, peeled
1 onion, peeled and halved
1 stalk lemon grass, chopped intofinger length pieces
2cm ginger, peeled
¼ cup vegetable oil1
½ cups dry roasted peanuts
1 ½ tablespoons brown sugar1 tablespoon kecap manis
1 tablespoon tamarind pulp
1 cup water
Juice of one lime
1. Chuck the chilli, garlic, onion, lemongrass and ginger into the bowl of your Sunbeam Stick Mixer. Process until a really fine paste.
2. Heat the oil in a pot and add the onion puree. Stir for 1 or 2 minutes or until the onion is cooked.
3. Add all of the remaining ingredientsand take off the heat. Using the wand of your Sunbeam Stick Mixer, process until a smooth peanut paste.
4. Chuck back on the heat and cook, stirring for about another 2 minutes. Add another squeeze of lime juice before serving.
4. Heat a large grill. Brush with oil. Add afew chicken skewers at a time makingsure not to overload the pan. Cook for about 6-8 minutes or until the chicken is done.
5. Serve with satay sauce.