Delicious with steamed jasmine rice or egg noodles
Preparation time10 minutes
Cooking time10 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2-3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 x 400ml can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 750g chicken breast fillet, sliced thinly
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded and sliced
- 230g can bamboo shoots, rinsed, drained
- 100g sugar snap peas
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Heat oil in a wok over high heat, add onion and cook 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently or until softened.
- Add red curry paste and cook 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium and stir in coconut milk, sugar and fish sauce.
- Add chicken and capsicum and simmer for about 3 minutes or until chicken is almost cooked. Stir through bamboo shoots and sugar snap peas and simmer a further 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with fresh coriander leaves.
These appliances below can be used to make this recipe