400g sweet potato, thinly sliced
300g beetroot, peeled & thinly sliced
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1/4 cup roasted cashews
1 cup coriander leaves
1 cup mint leaves
1 cup basil leaves
2 Tsp fennel seeds, toasted
1/4 cup olive oil
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
3 Tbsp finely chopped shallot (1 large)
1 Tsp salt
1/2 Tsp sugar
1. Preheat your Sunbeam Deep Fryer to 180˚C.
2. Toss the sweet potato and beetroot in the salt and pepper
3. Deep fry the potatoes and beetroot separately until done.4. Place the cashews, coriander, mint and basil in a bowl with the sweet potato and beetroot, toss to combine.
5. To serve, arrange the sweet potato and beetroot in alternate layers
6. Spoon dressing over the salad.
1. Grind fennel seeds in grinder until ground but not powdery.
2. Transfer to a small bowl, then stir in oil until combined. Let stand 15 mins.
3. In your Sunbeam Food Processor, blend together lemon juice, salt and sugar until salt and sugar are dissolved.
4. Stir fennel oil, add to lemon mixture in a slow stream, whilst motor is going until combined.
5. Stir through shallots