1 small leek, washed and roughly chopped
1 small brown onion, cut in half
1 long red chilli
1/4 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves removed from stem
4 cloves garlic, peeled
3kg mussels, scrubbed and de-bearded
100ml extra virgin olive oil
2 bay leaves
1. Combine the leek, onion, chilli, parsley and garlic in the bowl of your Sunbeam Food Processor and process until coarsely chopped.
2. Toss the mussels through the leek mixture.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large pot, when the oil begins to smoke, add the mussels and leek mixture, wine and bay leaves.
4. Cover and steam for 2–3 mins until all the mussels are open.
5. Transfer to a large bowl or serve straight from the pan.