2 cups plain flour
2 large eggs
3 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
2 tablespoons olive oil
1kg lamb shoulder, bone removed
6 cloves garlic, crushed
2 onions, chopped
1 bulb fennel, cut into 1cm dice
2 tablespoons harissa
1 tablespoon ground fennel seeds
2 teaspoons chilli flakes
Pinch smoky paprika
2 cups beef stock
2 x 400g can crushed tomatoes
200g cherry tomatoes, halved
6 long shallots, finely sliced
½ cup finely chopped fresh mint
Salt and freshly ground blackpepper, to taste
1. Put all pasta ingredients into the bowl of your Sunbeam Café Series Mixmaster attach the dough hook. Keep your mixer on a low speed and let the dough hook knead the dough for about 4minutes.
2. Take the dough from the bowl. It should be smooth and in a ball. Wrap in plasticwrap and chuck in the fridge while you make the filling.
3. Using the lasagne attachment from your MX9500 Café Series Mixmaster roll out the dough starting on Setting 1 and ending on Setting 3.
4. Change the attachment and use the Tagliatelle
attachment. Roll the pasta through the attachment and set aside to dry.
1. Preheat oven to 180c.
2. Heat oil in an oven proof pot. Add lamb and brown on each side, remove from potand set aside.
3. Add garlic, onions, fennel, harissa, fennel seeds,chilli and paprika. Cook for around 5 minutes or until the fennel is tender.
4. Pour in the remaining ingredients and add the lamb back to the pan. Give it a good stir.
5. Put pot into the oven and cook for about 1 ½ hours or until lamb is tender and falling apart. Season with salt and pepper. Use two forks to shred the lamb.
6. Place pasta in boiling water. Cook for 3-4minutes or until al dente (firm to the bite). Drain.
7. Toss pasta through the lamb mixture. Season to taste with . Garnish with shallots and mint.