8 cloves garlic, peeled
2 large carrots, peeled and quartered
2 onions, peeled and halved
2 sticks celery, cut into quarters
1 bunch thyme, leaves removed
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 beef ribs, chopped in half
1 bottle red wine
4 cups beef stock
Salt & pepper
Creamy mash potato
1. Preheat oven to 180c.
2. Put garlic, carrots, onions, celery and thyme into the bowl of your Sunbeam Stick Mixer. Process until a smooth paste.
3. Heat oil in a large roasting pan. Add beef ribs and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until a really dark golden colour.
4. Add onion mixture to the pan and cook for 2 minutes or until golden.
5. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a simmer. Put the pan into the oven and cook beef for 3 hours or until the meat is falling off the bone.
6. Remove the meat from the sauce. Put the pan back onto the stove and simmer the sauce until it has reduced by half and become thick and rich in colour. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Serve over mashed potatoes.