1kg summer tomatoes, use a variety of sizes, shapes, colours
1/2 cup small pitted olives
1/2 cup capers, rinsed
2 Tbsp good quality balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
3 large balls of burrata cheese
1 punnet micro basil
1 punnet micro rocket
Salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Boil water in a larger saucepan.
2. Meanwhile make a small cross at the base of the tomatoes using a small knife. Make the incision just big enough to cut through the tomato skin.
3. Place the tomatoes into the boiling water for about 30 seconds or until you can see the skin coming away from the tomato around the cross incision.
4. Plunge the tomatoes into a bowl of iced water.
5. Using a small paring knife peel the skins of the tomatoes off. These should come away and peel off easily.
6. Cut the tomatoes into halves and wedges.
7. In a larger bowl combine tomatoes, olives, capers, vinegar and oil. Season with saltand pepper.
8. Place the tomatoes onto a platter. Place burrata cheese on top of the tomato.Top with micro herbs. Drizzle with a touch more oil. Season with salt and pepper.