6 granny smith apples, core removed, peeled and sliced thickly
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon plain flour
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup plain flour
1 cup rolled oats
½ cup coconut flakes
½ cup dark brown sugar
½ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon sea salt
100g butter, room temperature
Vanilla ice-cream, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180c. Lightly grease a medium sized baking dish.
2. Chuck the butter, apples, water and cinnamon into a medium sized pot. Over medium heat, stir for about 10 minutes or until the apples have started to get soft.
3. Mix the flour through the apples and put into your baking dish.
4. Put the topping ingredients into the bowl of your Sunbeam food processor. Pulse until well combined.
5. Drop the crumble evenly over the filling mixture.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
7. Eat while hot and with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.