80g butter, chopped
¾ cup plain flour
¼ cup brown sugar
¼ cup caster sugar
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
160g butter, room temperature
¾ cup caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ½ cups plain flour
¼ cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon baking powder
700g jar poached cherries, drained
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 20cm square slice pan with baking paper.
2. Topping: In a large bowl combine butter, flour, sugars and cinnamon. Rub with fingers until a chunky crumb has formed. Set aside.
3. Cake: Place butter, sugar and vanilla in the Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl. Using the scraper beater on medium speed (5-7) mix until light and creamy. Add eggs one at a time, making sure to beat well after each addition.
4. Reduce to low speed (1-4). Add flour, buttermilk and baking powder. Continue to mix on low speed (1-4) until combined.
5. Pour into prepared pan. Cover with cherries. Sprinkle topping mixture over top of cake. Bake for 1 hour or until cooked when tested. Place on wire rack to cool.
Tip: Topping can be done using a food processor.