185g butter, room temperature
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
1 ¾ cups caster sugar
1 ½ cups plain flour
¾ cup self-raising flour
2 teaspoons cocoa powder
¾ teaspoon bicarbonate soda
¾ cup milk
White Chocolate Ganache:
1 cup cream
600g white chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat oven to moderately slow(160°C/140°C fan-forced). Grease and line a deep, 20cm round cake pan, extending the baking paper 3cm above the rim of the pan.
2. Place ingredients in the Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl. Using the Scrapemaster™spatula beater, mix on low speed (1) forabout 30 seconds or until just combined.Increase to low speed (4) and beat for 1 minute. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
3. Bake for about 1 ½ hours or until cooked when tested with a skewer. Stand in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto a wirerack to cool.
4. When cool, split cake horizontally into 3 even sized disks. Layer and cover with white chocolate ganache. Top with fresh berries and chocolate curls to decorate.
White Chocolate Ganche
1. Bring cream to boil in a medium saucepan and immediately remove from heat.
2. Stir through chocolate until melted. Cover;refrigerate, stirring occasionally until spreadable consistency.