200mls luke-warm water
½ teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons (7g sachet) dry yeast
2 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ tablespoons (30mls) olive oil
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh lemon thyme
½ cup grated cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon milk
Sea Salt flakes
1. Combine the water, sugar and yeast in a jug; stir to combine. Cover mixture and place in a warm area for about 10 minutes until the mixture is frothy.
2. Place the flour and salt in the Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl. Add the yeast mixture and olive oil. Using the Dough Hook, mix on low speed (1-2) for about 2 minutes or until combined and mixture forms a ball.Continue kneading for 8 minutes.
3. Remove dough from the bowl. Lightly grease the bowl and return dough.Cover; allow to rise in a warm area for about 1 hour or until doubled in size.
4. Preheat oven to moderately hot(200°C/180°C fan-forced). Grease and line 2 oven trays with baking paper.
5. Punch the dough with your fist to knock out the air. Cut the dough in half. Roll each piece on a lightly floured surface into a 20 x 25cm rectangle. Place on prepared trays. Sprinkle thyme and cheese over each focaccia, leaving a 1cm border. Brush borders with a little water, then fold in half to make 2 long rectangles. Press edges together, score 3 times across the top.Brush with milk and sprinkle with sea salt.6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Serve warm, cut into pieces.