90g butter, room temperature
¼ cup caster sugar
1 ¼ cups plain flour
¼ cup self-raising flour
750g fresh ricotta
1 cup caster sugar
3 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1. Grease a 22cm springform tin and line the base with baking paper.
2. Using the Scrapemaster™ spatula beater,beat butter, sugar and egg on low speed(4) until combined.
3. Add flours and beat on low speed (1) until combined. Using the back of a spoon,press mixture over the base of prepared tin. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to moderately hot(200°C/180°C fan-forced). Bake for 15minutes. Remove from oven and press basedown with a clean tea towel. Cool.
5. Reduce oven temperature to moderately slow (160°C/140°C fan-forced).
6. Place ricotta, extra sugar, extra eggs, rind and juice in the Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl. Using the Whisk, mix on high speed(8-10) until smooth.
7. Pour into tin and bake for about 1 hour or until set but still wobbly in the centre.Turn the oven off. Cool cake in the oven with the door ajar. Refrigerate for several hours before serving dusted with icing sugar.