150g butter, chopped
150g dark chocolate, chopped
5 eggs, separated
1 cup caster sugar
¹⁄³ cup crème fraiche
½ cup almond meal
¾ cup cocoa powder
400g can pears in syrup, drained, rinsed
1. Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease and line a 23cm spring form cake pan with baking
2. Place butter and chocolate in a large heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Melt butter and chocolate until smooth.
3. Place eggs whites in the Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl. Using the whisk whip egg
whites on very high speed (11-12) until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
4. Place egg yolks in the Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl. Using the whisk whip egg
yolks and sugar on very high speed (11-12) until light and pale.
5.Reduce to high speed (8-10) and slowly add chocolate mixture and creme fraiche.
On low speed (1-4) sift over almond meal and cocoa powder, mix until just combined.
6. Fold through egg whites in three batches. Gently pour into prepared pan. Arrange
pears over mixture. Bake for 40 minutes or until firm and cooked when tested.Allow to cool in pan for 10 minutes. Place on wire rack to cool.