250g butter, room temperature
½ cup icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups plain flour
½ cup custard powder
2 teaspoons lemon zest
80g butter, room temperature
1 ¼ cups icing sugar
1 tablespoon lemon zest
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 160°C. Grease and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
2. Place butter, sugar and vanilla in the Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl. Using the scraper beater mix on medium speed (5-7) until light and creamy.
3. Reduce to low speed (1-4), add remaining ingredients, mixing until well combined.
4. Roll mixture into tablespoon sized balls. Place on prepared trays and gently press down with a back of a fork. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked. Place on wire rack to cool.
5. Filling: Place all ingredients in the Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl. Using the scraper beater on high speed (8-10) mix until light and fluffy.
6. Once the cookies are fully cooled sandwich together with icing. Serve.