2 sheets edible rice paper
½ cup honey
2 ½ cups caster sugar
¹/³ cup water
500g liquid glucose
2 egg whites, room temperature
1 ½ cups pistachios, toasted
½ cup craisins (dried cranberries)
1. Lightly grease a 20cm square cake pan.Line the base of the pan with 1 sheet of rice paper, trimming to fit.
2. Combine honey, sugar, water and glucose in a medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves.Bring to boil. Do not stir after this point.Using a candy thermometer, cook until mixture reaches 140°C. Immediately remove from heat.
3. Using the Whisk, beat egg whites on very high speed (11-12) until firm peaks form.Reduce to medium speed (5-7) and slowly add the sugar syrup in a thin, steady stream. Once all the sugar syrup has been added, continue beating for a further minute. Add the pistachios and cranberries and stir to combine.
4. Quickly spoon into prepared pan, using a spatula to scrape the bowl. A spoon dipped in hot water will help you spread the nougat quickly. Top with the remaining sheet of rice paper and gently press to flatten.
5. Set aside to cool at room temperature for about 6 hours or until set. Remove from pan and cut into small squares to serve.