3 small oranges
1 cup caster sugar
3 cups almond meal
1 teaspoon baking powder
2/3cup caster sugar
½ cup orange juice
1 tablespoon orange zest
1. Preheat oven to 170°C. Grease and line a 22cm spring form cake pan with baking paper.
2. Place oranges in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer until oranges are tender, about 30-40 minutes. Drain and allow to cool. Roughly chop oranges, discarding the seeds.
3. Using a food processor process oranges until smooth.
4. Place eggs and sugar in the Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl. Using the whisk whip on high speed (8-10) until eggs are pale and have doubled in size.
5. Reduce to low speed (1-4), add remaining ingredients to the bowl, and whisk until just combined.
6. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour or until cooked when tested. Place on wire rack to cool.
7. Syrup: Place sugar, juice and zest in a medium sauce pan and bring to a simmer. Stir constantly until sugar has dissolved and the syrup has thickened. Drizzle over cake. Serve.