4 egg yolks
1 ½ cups caster sugar
160g butter, chopped
1 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon lemon zest
100g butter, chopped
¾ cup raw sugar
¾ cup almond meal
¾ cup plain flour
1 teaspoon sea salt
600mls thickened cream, lightly whipped
1. To make the lemon curd whisk eggs and sugar in a saucepan until smooth. Place over low heat.
2. Add remaining curd ingredients and whisk continuously until thickened. Strain & set aside to cool.
3. for the crumble place all ingredients in bowl and using hands, mix ingredients until well combined.
4. Place on a lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
5. Once cooled break up into a breadcrumb consistency.
6. Layer the lemon curd, crumble and cream in one large or individual bowls to serve.
Serving suggestions or alternatives:
The cream topping can be replaced with traditional meringue.