6 egg whites
1 1/2 cups caster sugar
1/2 Tsp cream of tartar
3/4 cup hazelnut meal
3/4 cup almond meal
1/4 cup warmed milk
2 Tbsp instant coffee
375g unsalted butter
32/3 cups icing sugar
150g dark chocolate, melted
100g dark chocolate, grated for decorating
1. Preheat oven to 120˚C, line two flat baking trays with baking paper.
2. Whisk egg whites on high speed using your Sunbeam Mixmaster until soft peaks form.
3. Slowly add sugar whilst the Mixmaster is still going, until sugar granules are dissolved.
4. On the lowest speed of your Mixmaster, add the cream of tartar, hazelnut meal and almond meal until just blended.
5. Put the meringue mix into a piping bag with a plain nozzle fitted.
6. Pipe into 4cm discs until all the mix has been used. You may need to cook the meringue discs in batches.
7. Bake for approximately 40 mins or until the discs have gone hard. Remove from tray and cool.
1. Combine the milk and coffee and allow to cool.
2. Using your Sunbeam Mixmaster, beat the butter until pale and fluffy.
3. Slowly add the icing sugar until well combined.
4. Beat in the melted chocolate and coffee.
1. Fill a piping bag fitted with a 5mm star nozzle with the chocolate buttercream.
2. Pipe small rosettes all over the top surface of a meringue disc, carefully place another meringue disc on top of the rosettes and pipe rosettes over the surface of that disc.
3. Place another disc on top of the rosettes and finish off with a sprinkling of grated chocolate.
4. Repeat this process until all discs have been used.