500g butter, room temperature, chopped
1 ½ cups icing sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
4 cups plain flour
1 cup custard powder
¹/³ cup milk
1. Preheat oven to moderate (180°C/160°C fan-forced). Grease and line baking trays.
2. Place butter, sugar and vanilla in the Stainless Steel Mixing Bowl. Using the Beater, mix on medium speed (5-7) until smooth and creamy.
3. Add flour, custard powder and milk. Mix on low speed (1-4) until combined.
4. Divide dough in half. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Roll each portion of dough between 2 sheets of baking paper to 5mm thick. Use a 5cm round cutter to cut rounds from dough. Place cookies on prepared trays and bake for about 10-12 minutes swapping trays halfway through cooking. Cool ontrays.