6 egg whites
1 ½ cups caster sugar
1 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon white vinegar
300mls pure cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup icing sugar
100g roasted macadamias, chopped
1. Preheat oven to very slow (120°C/100°C fan-forced).
2. Grease and line 2 oven trays with baking paper. Mark a 22cm circle on each tray.
3. Using the Whisk, beat egg whites and salt on very high speed (11-12) until soft peaks form.
4. Add sugar, a small amount at a time, whisking until thick and glossy. Add vanilla and vinegar and whisk until just combined.
5. Divide the mixture evenly between prepared trays. Spread evenly onto marked circles.
6. Bake for about 1 ½ hrs or until firm and slightly browned. Turn off oven. Cool meringues completely in the oven with the door ajar.
7. To make filling, use the Whisk attachment to whip cream, vanilla and icing sugar on high speed (11-12). Stir through marscapone and macadamias.
8. To assemble, sandwich meringue disks together with cream mixture. Dust with icing sugar and top with fresh berries.