1 tablespoon (15g) powdered gelatine
½ cup cold water
1.5 cups (330g) caster sugar
¾ cup boiling water
½ tsp vanilla
Pink food colouring, optional
Coloured sprinkles, for decorating
1 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
1. Combine gelatine with cold water in a small bowl and stir. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Pour boiling water into a large 4 cup heatproof jug. Add caster sugar and whisk to combine. Microwave on high heat for approximately 4-5 minutes, or until syrup is gently bubbling and sugar has dissolved. Remove from microwave and whisk in softened gelatine until melted. Set aside and allow to cool for 20 minutes before using.
3. Using the Sunbeam Café Series Planetary Mixer with the whisk attached with the splashguard in place, beat sugar syrup on Speed 4 for 1 minute, then increase to Speed 6 and beat for 4 minutes. Increase to Speed 8 and beat for a final 4 minutes, or until marshmallow is thick and creamy. Add pink food colouring (if using) and beat for 30 seconds more.
4. Using a spatula, scrape the marshmallow mixture into a large piping bag with a plain tip fitted. Using a 7cm round biscuit cutter, trace circles with a pen onto the back of a sheet of baking paper and then place baking paper onto a baking tray. Pipe 7cm circles of marshmallow, using the pattern under the baking paper as a guide. Immediately sprinkle marshmallows with sprinkles and then set aside in the fridge for 60 minutes, or until set.
5. Remove marshmallows from the fridge and gently peel off the baking paper. Spoon about 1 tablespoon of chocolate hazelnut spread onto the flat side of the marshmallow and then sandwich with another marshmallow. Gently press the marshmallows together to spread the chocolate hazelnut filling to the edges. Serve, dusted with icing sugar.